We are delighted to announce that after a successful pilot at our Ellesmere Port surgery, we have expanded our partnership with leading charity, PDSA, and have launched the Pet Care scheme at Animal Trust Shrewsbury.
The PDSA Pet Care scheme is an exclusive membership which is open to eligible pet owners who are in receipt of Housing Benefit, Council Tax Support or Universal Credit with Housing Benefit and who live in postcodes SY1 – SY3 or TF1, TF2, TF3, TF4, TF7 or TF9. Owners who are eligible for the scheme will have access to Animal Trust’s reduced-cost veterinary care services, plus a host of other additional benefits.
Owen Monie, Director General at Animal Trust says; “Animal Trust treats patients from all walks of life and uniquely offers free consultations to everyone regardless of income, treatment prices are related to the cost of providing the service. It’s fantastic that we’re expanding PDSA Pet Care to Shrewsbury to allow even more owners to have access to our high standard of care.’’
For just £4.50 per month or £54 a year, the PDSA Pet Care scheme provides members with a host of veterinary benefits, including:
- One vet health consultation per year*
- One vaccination or booster every year, including a pet wellbeing MOT or health check.
- 20% discount off full price vet treatments** Once your vet has reduced the price of treatment by 20% you are responsible for paying the bill in full directly to the surgery. This means that you will be paying 80% of the full price of any treatment provided.
- 20% off preventative parasite treatments** Once your vet has reduced the price of treatment by 20% you are responsible for paying the bill in full directly to the practice. This means that you will be paying 80% of the full price of any treatment provided.
- Access to a PDSA Helpline giving 24/7 pet care advice from qualified vet nurses, whenever you need it. You will be provided with the Helpline number once registered and this line can be used whenever you need to.
- 15% discount on PDSA Pet Insurance *** Once you are registered you will be provided with a discount code which can be used for certain pet insurance policies.
- A quarterly newsletter packed with useful pet health advice.
Richard Hooker, Director of Veterinary Services says; “We are delighted to be able to launch PDSA Pet Care in the Shrewsbury and Telford area with the support of Animal Trust. As well as treating pets in need, we are passionate about preventing sickness and helping people keep their pets happy and healthy, and believe that PDSA Pet Care will help us to make a positive impact on pet welfare in this area”.
The brand new Pet Care membership scheme officially launched on July 1st 2019.
To access more information drop into Animal Trust Shrewsbury or visit the PDSA’s website. You can also call the PDSA customer service team on 0800 731 2502, Monday to Friday, between 8am and 8pm.
- *Not including Out of Hours services
- **Not including food/nutraceuticals/Out of Hours services/breeding-related treatments or preventive healthcare and not in conjunction with any other practice discount or VIP schemes.
- *** 15% off for first year only; discount may be withdrawn at any time; discount not available on Accident Only policy; minimum premiums apply. Pet must be over 8-weeks old. For excluded breeds please refer to PDSA’s website.