Laboratory and Consulting Room Technician
£10.90 / hour
At Animal Trust, we understand the emotional distress of seeing our beloved pets unwell. Especially for those facing financial challenges, the cost of veterinary care can be daunting, leading to many pets not receiving the treatment they need. Our mission is to provide accessible, affordable veterinary care for all pets, ensuring they receive proper treatment without financial barriers. We prioritize patient welfare, client satisfaction, and staff well-being, reinvesting our profits to continue offering high-quality care at the most reasonable prices.
We are excited to offer a unique opportunity for a Laboratory and Consulting Room Technician at our Failsworth clinic. Our clinic, equipped with 8 consulting rooms and 3 operating theatres, operates six days a week and provides 24/7 inpatient care through our Bolton hospital. This fast-paced environment is ideal for a professional who thrives in dynamic settings and is passionate about animal welfare.
Why You Matter:
As a Laboratory and Consulting Room Technician, you will play a crucial role in supporting our veterinary team in both routine and emergency care. Your responsibilities will include assisting with patient restraint, sample collection, and processing, ensuring the highest patient and client care standards. Your contribution will be vital in aiding our clinical teams to deliver compassionate and efficient care.
What We Seek:
We are looking for a candidate with the necessary technical skills, a compassionate heart, and a positive attitude towards collaborative work. Key competencies include:
- Experience in effectively restraining pets.
- Strong customer service skills, with a focus on empathy.
- Prior experience in a veterinary clinic setting.
- A valid, clean driving license and competence in vehicle maintenance.
- The ability to transport patients safely, providing support during transit.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Assisting in patient restraint and sample collection.
- Proper handling and storage of laboratory samples.
- Operating internal lab machines for sample processing.
- Preparing and dispatching samples to external laboratories.
- Ensuring quality control from collection to reporting.
- Maintaining accurate patient records and managing lab work charges.
- Operating an Animal Trust vehicle for patient and item transportation between sites.
Why Join Us:
Animal Trust is not just a veterinary service provider; we are a community that believes in making veterinary care accessible to all. Our ethos is that financial constraints should not prevent pets from receiving the care they deserve. Join us in our mission to bring joy and health to pets and their families, regardless of their financial situation.
Diversity and Inclusion:
At Animal Trust, we are committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. We believe in the value of diverse experiences and encourage applications from women and under-represented groups, even if you do not meet every single requirement. Share your unique perspective with us – you might be just who we need.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply and join us in this rewarding role, contributing to the well-being of pets and their families.
Animal Trust is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Apply Now Back To Careers