Night Veterinary Nurse
Night Veterinary Nurse
Thank you for your interest in the Night Veterinary Nurse Job at Animal Trust, we are a veterinary Community Interest Company founded to provide all pets with access to good veterinary care. We believe having a pet is something that all people should be able to enjoy, but people earning the Real Living Wage struggle to afford veterinary care when their pet gets sick. For some owners, the only option is euthanasia, and we want to provide them with an alternative that they can cope with. Our free consults and straightforward pricing enable our vets and nurses to break down the barriers that stand in the way of pets receiving the treatment they need. We’re one community and we are here for our patients, clients and each other
We are a Community Interest Company, which means we reinvest our profit into our team and our patients’ care. In 2022 we were also officially certified as a B-Corporation, because we balance profit with people and the planet.
Our Busy Bolton Hospital
Our 24hr ECC Hospital is a bustling, buzzing hub that treats both its own cases, and those from nearby Animal Trust clinics, too. Here, you’ll have access to brilliant facilities, limitless learning opportunities, and receive a heck lot of support from a spirited and supportive team.
Our Bolton team is a close-knit, multi-talented bunch, with loads of specialisations that enable us to work on difficult and complex cases from start to finish. When poorly pets come into our hospital, everyone bands together to care for them. That includes medical stabilisation from our emergency inpatient team, assessment from our imaging team (with our in-house CT scanner), and complex orthopaedic surgery from our team of surgeons.
The Rewarding Stuff
- If you feel strongly about the same things we do, you’ll feel right at home with our team.
- You’ll make a difference to the health of animals who might not otherwise get that chance.
- Your caseload will be varied and interesting, and you’ll get plenty of opportunities to advance your ECC skills.
What We’re After
We’re seeking people who like to roll their sleeves up and get stuck in. You’ll be part of a busy team of clinicians and given opportunities you may have never thought possible. We want our teams to always be developing and growing, while also helping the pet owning community with the cost of caring, for what is often their best friend.
- You really love what you do and want to make a big difference.
- You feel as strongly as we do about our social mission.
- You can empathise with the owner and the patient.
- You enjoy the buzz and liveliness of a fast-paced environment.
- You’re excited by the opportunity to get stuck into a varied caseload.
- You’re keen to grow your technical capability and be part of a friendly and multi-talented team.
- You’ve got great ECC skills.
- You’re able to work seamlessly with our day team.
What You’ll Get in a Night Veterinary Nurse Job
- A salary of £30,000-£36,000
- A part time 7 on 14 off rota (with other shift patterns available)
- 6 weeks of holiday per year.
- 52 weeks sickness Benefit, private healthcare and a free employee assistance program (awarded after 12 months of service)
- RCVS and VDS fees paid.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- CPD funded to diploma level.
- A collaborative culture
- A varied, interesting and challenging career.
- Location: Bolton
Studies have shown that women and under-represented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they tick every box. At Animal Trust, we are building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description – we encourage you to apply anyway. There’s every chance you’re exactly what we’re looking for. As an employer, we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health of all our staff.Apply Now Back To Careers