£37,000 to £54,000 plus enhancements
Thank you for your interest in the Veterinary Surgeon Job at Animal Trust Blackburn, we are a veterinary Community Interest Company founded on the vision to provide all pets with access to good veterinary care. We believe having a pet is something that all people should be able to enjoy, but people earning the Real Living Wage struggle to afford veterinary care when their pet gets sick. For some owners, the only option is euthanasia, and we want to provide them with an alternative that they can cope with. Our free consults and straightforward pricing enable our vets and nurses to break down the barriers that stand in the way of pets receiving the treatment they need. We’re one community and we are here for our patients, clients and each other.
Blackburn– a socially hearted practice
We have created a brilliant opportunity for a Veterinary Surgeon to join the team at our sociable Blackburn practice! At this culturally diverse and supportive practice everybody’s individual strengths are championed. Blackburn is a great place for Vets, both newly qualified and experienced, to widen their skillset with complex cases. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, Blackburn could be the place for you!
THE OPPORTUNITY & REWARDS OF BEING AN ANIMAL TRUST VET AT BLACKBURN
- If you believe in our social mission you’ll fit right into our friendly, determined team.
- You will be treating animals that would otherwise not receive the care they deserve.
- We see more sick animals than other vet groups, so your caseload will be varied and interesting, with the opportunity to advance your emergency and critical care skills.
- The nearby 24/7 hospital in Bolton is equipped with the latest industry-standard technology to allow you to perform critical procedures, including CT and orthopaedic surgery.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- A highly experienced veterinary surgeon who wants to make a difference.
- A firm belief in our social mission – an ability to focus on the pets you save, who wouldn’t have normally been able to receive treatment, and a commitment to providing the highest possible standard of care for owners and their pets.
- You are naturally confident and enjoy the buzz of dealing with a fast-paced, busy
caseload and environment.
- You are keen to grow your technical capability and be part of a large friendly, multi-skilled team.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU AS A VETERINARY SURGEON
- Our veterinary surgeon job offers a competitive salary £37,000 to £54,000, with Excellence in Practice scale up to £74,400
- 6 weeks of holiday per year
- Private Health Care, 52 weeks Sickness Benefit and free Employee Assistance Programme
- RCVS and VDS fees paid
- Access to counselling support including mental health, financial and life counselling after 12 months service
- UK and International CPD funded to certificate level
- A collaborative culture
- The opportunity to progress into management positions across the group
- Varied, interesting and challenging career
“A job to restore your pride in being a Vet”
Animal Trust Veterinary Surgeon more than 3 years
“A refreshing approach to Veterinary care that allows you to utilise and develop your skills. A genuine focus on providing good quality to your patients. Clear routes for career progression.”
Don’t meet every single requirement??Studies have shown that women and people from underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Animal Trust we are building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. As an employer, we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health of all our staff.Apply Now Back To Careers