Animal Nurse Assistant
£10.90 / hour
Join Animal Trust – Because every pet deserves a vet
Join us in making a difference as an Animal Nurse Assistant in Barnsley.
It’s always difficult when our pets aren’t feeling well. Because nobody wants to see their cuddly companion in pain, off colour, or out of sorts.
But, for pet owners experiencing financial difficulty, finding the money to pay for expensive veterinary bills can be an impossible task, and poorly pets often go untreated.
That’s why we’ve made it our mission to provide proper, affordable veterinary care for pets, everywhere. That means no consultation fees, no eligibility criteria and realistic prices.
We do all of this by prioritising the welfare of our patients, their owners, and our staff over profit. And any profit we do make is circled straight back into the Trust, so we can maintain the highest standard of care at the lowest possible price for our pet owners.
At Animal Trust we are committed to supporting the new generation of our veterinary teams and so we are delighted to announce we have a brilliant opportunity for an Animal Nurse Assistant to join our Barnsley community surgery. We are looking for somebody who has the ultimate goal to progress into an apprenticeship to become a Registered Veterinary Nurse, and will support you on that journey.
Why You Matter
As an Animal Nurse Assistant in Barnsley, your responsibilities will encompass various crucial aspects, supporting the vets and nurses on routine, emergency, and critical care. Working closely with our clinical team, you will play a pivotal role in maintaining our exacting standards of client and patient care. Your supportive collaboration with the clinical teams will be paramount to ensure they have everything they need to provide compassionate care to those relying on our services.
The successful applicant will develop their knowledge in the following areas:
- Health and Welfare of snimals
- Handling of animals
- Animal feeding and accommodation
- Principles of animal biology
- Preparing and maintaining veterinary practices
- How to be tactful and sympathetic with pet owners
- You will be given the opportunity to train with us as a Student Veterinary Nurse if you perform well
What We Seek
- Passionate about animals – previous experience working with animals is important
- Applicants must have achieved at least 5 level 2 qualifications (equivalent to GCSE grades 9 to 4 or A* to C), including English, maths and a science subject
- Up-to-date with your tetanus vaccination
- Committed and hard-working
Areas of Responsibility
- Welcoming and registering of new clients, processing payments, answering calls and client concerns
- Cleaning of facilities and equipment, including sterilisation for surgical procedures
- Assisting the nurse with patients including restraining for blood sampling and other procedures
- Performing basic medical checks on pets
- Care of hospitalised pets including feeding, cleaning and exercising
Everybody should be able to experience the joy that animals bring to our lives, no matter their income.
Every animal deserves the chance to get better, and financial hardship shouldn’t get in the way of that.
Because every pet deserves a vet.
Studies have shown that women and under-represented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they tick every box. At Animal Trust, we are building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description – we encourage you to apply anyway. There’s every chance you’re exactly what we’re looking for.Apply Now Back To Careers