Part Time Veterinary Surgeon
£37,000 to £54,000 pro rata
4Part Time Veterinary Surgeon
Thank you for your interest in the Part Time Veterinary Surgeon job at Animal Trust, we are a veterinary Community Interest Company founded on the vision to provide all pets with access to good veterinary care. We believe having a pet is something that all people should be able to enjoy, but people earning the Real Living Wage struggle to afford veterinary care when their pet gets sick. For some owners, the only option is euthanasia, and we want to provide them with an alternative that they can cope with. Our free consults and straightforward pricing enable our vets and nurses to break down the barriers that stand in the way of pets receiving the treatment they need. We’re one community and we are here for our patients, clients and each other
Be Part of the Wrexham Bunch
Our Wrexham nurses and surgeons are a spirited, multi-talented team of 11, with experience by the bucket load. Their super diverse skill sets mean they’re able to effectively complete a whole variety of tasks, from basic sedatives and large mass removals to heart scans and rabbit dentals – and they’ll offer some brilliant support through all of that, too. Here, you’ll get complete rewarding, life-saving work with a varied and interesting caseload that allows plenty of opportunity for you to upskill and further your career.
The Rewarding Stuff:
- If you feel strongly about the same things we do, you’ll feel right at home with our super friendly and motivated team.
- You’ll make a difference to the health of animals who might not otherwise get that chance.
- You’ll enjoy the buzz and liveliness of a fast-paced environment.
- Your caseload will be really varied and interesting, and you’ll get plenty of opportunities to advance your technical, emergency and critical care skills.
What We’re After:
- You really love what you do and want to make a big difference.
- You feel as strongly as we do about our social mission.
- You can empathise with the owner and the patient.
- You enjoy the buzz and liveliness of a fast-paced environment.
- You’re excited by the opportunity to get stuck into a varied caseload.
- You’re keen to grow your technical capability and be part of a friendly and multi-talented team.
- You’ve got great ECC skills.
- You’re able to work seamlessly with the team.
Job Particulars and Benefits:
- Location: Wrexham
- 25 hours per week (mornings preferred)
- A salary of £37,000-£54,000 (with an Excellence in Practice scale up to £74,400) pro rata
- A working pattern of 4 days per week, plus one weekend a month (with other, flexible shift patterns available)
- 6 weeks of holiday per year
- 52 weeks sickness benefit, private healthcare and a free employee assistance program (awarded after the qualifying period)
- RCVS and VDS fees paid.
- Staff discount
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Refer-a-friend bonus.
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to counselling support, including mental health, financial and life counselling (after 12 months of service)
- UK and International CPD funded to diploma level.
- A collaborative culture
- Your opinions will be valued, and your voice will be heard.
- A varied, interesting and challenging career
Studies have shown that women and under-represented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they tick every box. At Animal Trust, we are building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description – we encourage you to apply anyway. There’s every chance you’re exactly what we’re looking for. As an employer, we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health of all our staff.Apply Now Back To Careers