£37,000 to £54,000 plus enhancements
The Animal Trust – Because Every Pet Deserves a Vet
Thank you for your interest in the Veterinary Surgeon Job with the Animal Trust in Shrewsbury. we are on a mission to provide affordable veterinary care for people’s pets, especially those who are finding it hard to manage financially. Even before the current cost of living crisis, we know that there are many pet owners who are in distress because they can see their beloved friend needs help and they simply can’t afford the fees.
Owen Monie, our founding Vet, established the Animal Trust, because he passionately believes that no animal should suffer due to their owner’s financial hardship, which is why there are no consultation fees charged at any of our vet practices. There are no eligibility criteria, because we want to encourage people to bring their pets to us. Owners will only pay for any treatment at realistic prices, which are completely transparent and published on our website.
The Animal Trust is the only Community Interest Veterinary Group in the U.K who prioritise their staff, patients and owners’ welfare, rather than profit. Any profits are fed directly back into the Trust to provide career development and maintain the highest standard of care at the lowest possible price for our pet owners. We invest in our surgeries across our network and have access to expertise including in-house CT scanner, advanced orthopaedics and hip replacement specialists.
THE OPPORTUNITY & REWARDS OF BEING AN ANIMAL TRUST VET AT SHREWSBURY
- If you believe in our social mission you’ll fit right into our friendly, determined team.
- You will be treating animals that would otherwise not receive the care they deserve.
- We see more sick animals than other vet groups, so your caseload will be varied and interesting, with the opportunity to advance your emergency and critical care skills.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- A veterinary surgeon who wants to make a difference.
- Whether you are a senior vet, or just starting out, we would like to hear from you.
- A firm belief in our social mission – an ability to focus on the pets you save, who wouldn’t have normally been able to receive treatment, and a commitment to providing the highest possible standard of care for owners and their pets.
- You are naturally confident and enjoy the buzz of dealing with a fast-paced, busy
caseload and environment.
- You are keen to grow your technical capability and be part of a large friendly, multi-skilled team.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- We can offer either full or part time positions
- Our veterinary surgeon job offers a competitive salary £37,000 to £54,000, with Excellence in Practice scale up to £74,400 (pro rata for part time)
- 6 weeks of holiday per year
- Private Health Care, 52 weeks Sickness Benefit and free Employee Assistance Programme
- RCVS and VDS fees paid
- Access to counselling support including mental health, financial and life counselling after 12 months service
- UK and International CPD funded to certificate level
- A collaborative culture
- The opportunity to progress into management positions across the group
- Varied, interesting and challenging career
Don’t meet every single requirement??Studies have shown that women and people from underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Animal Trust we are building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. As an employer, we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health of all our staff.Apply Now Back To Careers