Lead Veterinary Surgeon
£61,000 - £70,0000
If you’re an experienced Vet and you’re looking for the opportunity to be Lead Clinician at a practice that is on a mission to provide affordable care for sick pets, then look no further, we have the perfect Lead Veterinary Surgeon position for you in Birkenhead.
We’re seeking people who like to roll their sleeves up and get stuck in, and who thrive on learning new skills. You’ll be part of a busy team of clinicians and given opportunities you may have never thought possible. We want our teams to always be developing and growing, while also helping the pet owning community with the cost of caring, for what is often their best friend.
We’re a Community Interest Company. That means we channel the majority of our profit back into ensuring exceptional care for our patients and a supportive environment for our team. As a certified B-Corporation, we balance profit, people, and the planet, standing as a pillar in the happy, healthy pet owning community.
How we treat clients and their pets is equally important to us because we want to be helping to create and be part of a happy, healthy, pet owning community. If this sounds like the type of team, you’d like to be part of and you are confident, calm and kind, whatever the situation, then get in touch.
Be part of the Birkenhead Bunch
Joining us means stepping into a world where your work directly impacts the lives of pets who might not otherwise receive care. Our caseload is as diverse as it is interesting. Furthermore, with access to the latest industry-standard technology, including advanced ultrasound and orthopaedic surgery equipment, every day is a step towards enhancing your emergency and critical care skills.
The Rewarding Stuff as a Lead Veterinary Surgeon:
- If you feel strongly about the same things we do, you’ll feel right at home with our super friendly and motivated team.
- You’ll make lots of pets feel better who might not otherwise get that chance.
- The buzz and liveliness of a fast-paced environment.
- Your caseload will be really varied and interesting, and you’ll get plenty of opportunities to advance your emergency and critical care skills.
- We’re equipped with the latest industry-standard technology, so you’ll have the ability to perform loads of critical procedures. That includes endoscopy, advanced ultrasound, orthopaedic surgery, hip replacement and other really advanced stuff.
What We’re After:
- You really love what you do and want to make a big difference.
- You feel as strongly as we do about our social mission.
- You can empathise with the owner and the patient.
- You enjoy the buzz and liveliness of a fast-paced environment.
- You’re excited by the opportunity to get stuck into a varied caseload and lead from the front
- You’re keen to further grow your technical capability and be part of a, friendly and multi-talented team.
- You’ve got great ECC skills.
What You’ll Get:
- A salary of £61,000-£70,000
- 6 weeks of holiday per year
- 52 weeks sickness benefit, private healthcare and a free employee assistance program
- RCVS and VDS fees paid.
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to counselling support, including mental health, financial and life counselling (after 12 months of service)
- UK and International CPD funded to diploma level.
- A collaborative culture
- Your opinions will be valued, and your voice will be heard.
- A varied, interesting and challenging career
Not quite sure whether you meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people from underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they tick every box. At Animal Trust, we’re dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. So… if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description – we encourage you to apply anyway. There’s every chance you’re exactly what we’re looking for.Apply Now Back To Careers